These General Terms and Conditions apply to our relation with users and others interacting with Leaflad. When you use or open Leaflad services, you agree to these General Terms and Conditions, which are regularly amended in accordance with the provisions in article 10.
Your privacy is paramount. We have drawn up a privacy statement in which we describe how we collect personal data and for which purposes we use it. We recommend that you read this privacy statement carefully and determine whether or not to engage our services on the basis thereof.
2. Content and information
You and only you are the owner of the information saved in your account. We and the advertisers only use this information to ensure that the advertisements you see coincide with your interests to the extent possible. Advertisers cannot see your name, email or other data that could lead to the identification of you as an individual.
Although we do our utmost to assess all advertisements prior to publication on the basis of our advertising policy, we cannot guarantee that you will not see advertisements that do not comply with our advertising policy or the legislation and regulations as they apply in your country or region. The advertiser is fully responsible for the content of the advertisements. If you see an advertisement that you consider should not have been published, please report this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do our utmost to keep Leaflad secure, but we cannot guarantee it. In order to keep Leaflad safe, we need your help and that is why you must follow these rules:
- You will not collect content or information from users and will not use Leaflad in other ways via automated ways (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will refrain from engaging in illegal marketing on Leaflad such as pyramid constructions.
- You will not upload viruses or other harmful codes.
- You will not request registration data from people and you will not register into an account of someone else.
- You will not use Leaflad for unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory activities.
- You don’t do anything to disrupt or overload the correct operation or reflection of Leaflad or to make it impossible, such as a Denial or Service-attack or disruption of advertising reflection or other Leaflad functionalities.
- You do not facilitate or stimulate any violation of these General Terms and Conditions.
Your Leaflad can contain hyperlinks by which you leave Leaflad and direct you to websites of third parties. We have no control over the websites or services of third parties. It is possible that the use of the websites or services of third parties are subject to other terms and conditions. We accept no responsibility or liability for (the operation and/or content of) websites or services of third parties.
4. Registration and Account security
You and us benefit from the personal data linked to your account being accurate. Please find below some rules you need to comply with regarding the registration and security of your account:
- You will not generate more than one personal account.
- You guarantee that the information you provide upon creating your account is correct, current and accurate.
- You will never generate an account for someone else.
- You may not use Leaflad if you are younger than 18 years old.
- You are responsible for keeping your password confidential, you will not grant anyone access to your account and you will not do anything that could harm the security of your account.
- If you suspect or know that your login details are held by unauthorised persons, you must inform us thereof immediately. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
- You cannot transfer your account or any accrued balance to someone else.
5. Mobile and other devices
We offer our services for free, but take into account that the normal fees of your telecom provider (such as data costs) remain applicable.
6. Credits and Cashbacks
As your data is worth money, we consider it normal to share our proceeds with you and the other users of Leaflad. That is why we periodically assess our advertisement income (no more than once a month) and calculate on the basis of various criteria whether and if so, how many credits are added to your account.
When you have sufficient credits AND have purchased something from our advertisers you can submit a cashback request to pay the credits (or a part thereof) into your bank account. However, this is subject to a couple of rules:
- We determine the criteria by which we calculate how many credits are added to your account. Although we cannot provide an insight into the exact calculation, we can inform you that we will review your account as a whole (the more information you enter, the more valuable your profile) and the number of days you have been using Leaflad. We do not review the number of advertisements you have seen or opened, so it is no use logging into multiple equipment at the same time and clicking as many advertisements as possible.
- You can only submit a cashback request if your number of credits amounts to EUR 20.00 or more.
- Upon submitting a cashback request you must provide following information:
- The advertisers where you have made your purchase.
- The amount you wish to have transferred into your bank account.
- The bank account number and name of the account holder to whom the money needs to be transferred.
- A copy of the invoice or receipt of your purchase.
- After submitting a cashback request, we will process your request. We will do our utmost to assess your request within five (5) working days and, if approved, make a transfer into the bank account stated.
- Although we trust that you will not abuse this functionality, we retain the right at all times to reject a cashback request when we doubt the validity of your purchase proof or consider that it violates the letter or intent of these General Terms and Conditions.
- You can only submit a request for payment of your credits via a cashback request. You cannot claim the credits in any other way.
- We are always authorised to freeze or correct the credits you have accrued.
7. Special provisions for advertisers
When you use our self-service interfaces for the making of the advertisements for the creation, submitting and/or showing of advertising or other commercial or sponsored activities or content (jointly referred to as ‘Self-service interfaces for advertisements’) you agree to our self-service advertising terms and conditions. Your advertising or other commercial or sponsored activities or content placed on Leaflad must also comply with our Advertising policy.
If you violate the letter or intent of these General Terms and Conditions or create any other risk or legal risk for us, we can terminate your access to Leaflad. You can remove your account at any time by sending a request thereto to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon termination, regardless of the reason, your right to use Leaflad is cancelled immediately. We will remove your account immediately upon termination, regardless of the reason.
You are not entitled to any compensation for the credits you have on your account at the moment of termination. Outstanding cashback requests, within the meaning of article 5, are processed as soon as possible and – provided the terms and conditions are complied with – made payable to you.
9. Intellectual Property rights
The IP-rights with regard to Leaflad are held by Leaflad B.V. and/or its licensors. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions is intended to transfer any IP-right to you or to waive any IP-rights.
We can always change or add to these General Terms and Conditions. The latest version of these General Terms and Conditions are always published on our website or are brought to your attention upon using Leaflad. When you continue using Leaflad after changes of and/or additions to these General Terms and Conditions, you therefore irrevocably accept the changed and/or additions to the General Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the changed and/or additions of the General Terms and Conditions, your only option is to request us to remove your account and no longer use Leaflad. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
- These General Terms and Conditions and all the use of Leaflad is governed by Dutch law.
- Any disputes arising between you and us will be brought before the competent court in the district of The Hague, unless statutory law requires us to bring the case before a different court.
- We can transfer the rights and obligations resulting from these General Terms and Conditions to third parties and we will inform you of this. If you do not consider this transfer of obligations to a third party acceptable, your only option is seize the use of Leaflad and to remove your account.
- WE TRY TO KEEP LEAFLAD ONLINE, ERROR-FREE AND SAFE, BUT USING THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE OFFER LEAFLAD AS IS, WITHOUT EXPLICIT OR IMPLICIT GUARANTEES, SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLICIT GUARANTEES OF TRADEABILITY, SUITABILITY FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE AND NON-COMPLIANCE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT LEAFLAD WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT LEAFLAD WILL ALSO WORK WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IRREGULARITIES. LEAFLAD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES AND YOU INDEMNIFY US, OUR DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS AGAINST ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, THAT RESULT FROM OR ARE RELATED TO ANY CLAIMS THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST SUCH PARTIES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS STATEMENT OR WITH LEAFLAD, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THIS STATEMENT OR FROM LEAFLAD WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED EURO (EUR 100.00) OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS. PURSUANT TO THAT STATED IN THE RELEVANT LEGISLATION IT IS POSSIBLY NOT PERMITTED TO LIMIT THE LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR TO REFUSE IT, AS A RESULT OF WHICH THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR REFUSAL MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES THE LIABILITY OF LEAFLAD IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO THE RELEVANT LEGISLATION.
- ‘Leaflad’ or ‘Leaflad services’ refers to functions and services we make available, including via (a) our website at leaflad.com as well as on sub-domains and international sites, (b) our application and (c) other media, brands, products, services or software as they exist or will be developed in future.
- ‘Account’ refers to your personal environment within Leaflad.
- ‘Advertisers’ refers to companies that publish one or multiple advertisements within the application.
- ‘Cashback request’ refers to the request you can submit to pay out (a part of) the credits you have accrued, as described in article 5.
- ‘Credits’ refers to the balance you have accrued by using Leaflad.
- ‘IP-rights’ refers to all intellectual property rights and related rights, such as copyright, trade mark right, patent right, model right, trade name right, database right and affiliated rights, including rights on knowhow and performances on par with such rights;
- ‘data’, ‘personal data’ or ‘profile’ refers to the data you have entered in your account, including the location (city, province, country), date of birth, gender, relationship status, interests on the basis of which Leaflad shows suitable advertising.
- These General Terms and Conditions is an agreement concluded by you and the private limited liability company Leaflad B.V., registered with the Chamber of Commerce with number 59282398. References to ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ are references to Leaflad B.V.
- These General Terms and Conditions form the full agreement concluded by the parties with regard to Leaflad and take precedence over any prior agreements.
- If a part of these General Terms and Conditions does not appear enforceable, the remaining part thereof will continue to be applicable in full and valid.
- When we do not enforce any part of these General Terms and Conditions, this cannot be regarded as permission.
- Any change or statement of rejection statement of these General Terms and Conditions must be made in writing and must be signed by us.
- You do not transfer any rights or obligations you may have under these General Terms and Conditions to anyone else without our permission.
- All our rights and obligations under these General Terms and Conditions can be freely allocated in the event of a merger, takeover or sales of assets, by law or otherwise.
- Nothing stated in these General Terms and Conditions will stop us from complying with the law.
- These General Terms and Conditions do not grant rights of third parties.
- We retain all rights that have not explicitly been granted to you.
- Upon using or opening Leaflad you will comply with all applicable legislation.
By using or opening Leaflad services, you agree that we can use this content and information and collect it in accordance with the privacy statement which can be amended periodically.
This agreement was originally drawn up in the Dutch language (NL). If any translated version of this agreement contradicts the Dutch language version, the Dutch language version is binding.
Last amended: 20 September 2016